Friday, June 4, 2010

People!

You know how you can't stop talking about someone or something you love? Well, I am that way. I just can't stop talking about them. Just thinking about them brings a smile to my face and warms my heart. I spend my every waking moment with them yet I can't stop thinking about them when we are apart. 'Them' being the kids. Well, I learned a lesson yesterday. Not everybody sees it that way.
I volunteer with a few people, most of them young moms with little kids. We talk about kids a lot. After all, what else is there to talk about to a person you only see 3 hours a week who is really not interested in you or your life, and just trying to be polite. We discussed pre-school and how they think it's not important (I disagree, politely, of course) Than we talk about Rachael being potty trained (not a topic that can really be avoided when your 17mo just used the potty right there)...And about half an hour later she wets her pants. Not her fault, by the way. She kept saying 'pah! pah!' I just couldn't hear her over 20 some screaming kids. And this lady (her daughter is a few months older than Rachael)says 'Isn't it funny how the minute you start bragging about your kids they screw up big time?' What do you say to that? That some people just love their kids and talk about them often? I wish people weren't jealous of other people's successes. After all, she can do it, too, it only takes a little bit of effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment