Monday, June 14, 2010

Rainy Days

Lots of them, too. I think it rained every day for the past month. It's so humid that our blankets are damp and I can't leave crackers sitting on the table without them turning into mush. It wouldn't be soo bad, but in addition to being wet it is also cold. Our high for yesterday was 51F. AND we learned that the guy who had fixed M's pickup back in February just left for 2 week vacation on Saturday. Which means I will be without a car for the next two weeks, stuck in our tiny house with three kids. Nice :( Though the forecast did promise 86F on Wednesday. I am skeptical.
We did have a great weekend despite the weather. I got a haircut on Friday, something I wanted for the last three years. We walked to the nearest hair salon. The kids were complaining a lot since they also had to walk to safeway earlier because we ran out of milk. I did get them an ice cream bar each and then another to split and I got them chocolate milk hoping they will mind walking less (at least out loud) if their mouths are filled with chocolate. When we finally got to the salon they were so tired they just sat quietly for 45 minutes coloring. Hair dressers declared them to be the best behaved little boys they have ever seen. Rachael fell asleep on the way but promptly woke up when it came time for the actual hair cut. I had to hold her the whole time, but at least she didn't throw one of her screaming fits. I really liked the haircut and since M had told me to go ahead and have a perm, too, if I wanted it (that was before he found out how much a perm costs these day) I scheduled one for Saturday morning.
M was done really early on Friday so we went to Target for the lack of better entertainment. There we found this dress:



I wasn't looking for a dress, but we somehow got to talking about things that look good on me and I ended up trying it on to prove my point. They even had one a size 6 which I expected to be a little too small but good enough just to show what I meant. It turned out to be HUGE. In fact, I ended up in a size 2! that one was a little too tight, but the fact that I was able to zip up a size two still makes me smile. M liked it so much that he called his mom the next morning (while I was having my perm) to ask her if she was going to town and if she could please find that dress in the right size and mail it to us and that we will pay her back when we come to visit in July. He ended up ordering it on-line. Wow! He is always the one to insist I buy new clothes for myself (somehow I usually end up buying something for the kids if I go shopping by myself) but he never went to such lengths before just for a dress. I guess, it really does look cute :)
And that he just pampered me all day. We went to the mall and he ordered me a burger and curly fries from two different junck food places (I LOVE curly fries but the kids usually get to eat them) while I took Rachael to the bathroom, and a cup of Sturbucks and after that we split a big DQ blizzard. What can I say? The perfect day :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you scored! Let's see the new 'do! And... can I just be jealous for a moment that a size 2 fit you after having 3 kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wash my hair for three days, to make sure the perm sticks. Trust me, you don't want to see it right now. I will get Mark to take a pic. on Wed. And that was a BIIIIG size two :)

    ReplyDelete