Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's 7 pm...

...and the house is quiet. A very unusual thing for this house, too. The reason for that, of course, is children being in their beds sleeping. We had a very quiet morning and a very busy afternoon that included going to the YMCA for a workout for me and some play time for the children and a play date with a 3.5 yo boy and a 5mo girl from church. Their mom, G, called as I was leaving the house for the Y and invited us over. Her son, M is just as hyper as Jadin, so the three of them are a... uh...fun group. Daniel got sat on at least once and that brought him to tears (mostly because he was so tired) and I noticed a huge bruise on his head ('I fell off M's bed' he explained when I asked him about it. "But I am OK, it doesn't hurt' Well, that's good. No permanent damage)
G is a great entertainer, she thinks about every little detail. Food was great. She made a cheese pizza and chicken nuggets for the kids and sloppy Joe's for adults (we were joined by another new mom, her son is not yet 3mo). I love talking to G, we really connect. Maybe it's because we are both foreigners (she is from Brazil) so we share our joys and frustrations. It really helps to know that I am not dumb, just new to the country. M had a little problem sharing his toys last time but this time he did great. I am so grateful to have a friend, you have no idea! I have been very lonely up until now without even realizing it. Don't take me wrong, I have many friends in this town and other states, but the ones that really understand, live far away, and there was no one here I truly was close with. Thank God for friends!
Jadin cried when I told him we had to leave. He NEVER does that. He was tired (the three of them got so hyped up I really didn't know what to do, I have never seen them like that) Plus, G made smores. I am not big on sugar, so I don't make desserts/cookies/bars/cakes on a regular basis. AND I am not big on TV. Or jumping on beds. So G's house is a paradise for two little boys. I did take pictures of kids' chocolate covered faces but left the camera in the car and the car's in the garage. So, maybe tomorrow :)
Yes, and M is still at work so I can't leave the house to go vote. :(

1 comment:

  1. You didnt go vote??!! I was so excited for you!!! Major bummer!
    Im glad you found a friend, someone you can connect to and bonus, your kids have built in playmates too!!! I hope y'all have many more fun days together!

    ReplyDelete