Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Something I Forgot

I really shouldn't experiment with food. When something sounds simple, it's usually because there's something I am not noticing. In this particular case, how many people it is intended for.
Now, how can you go wrong with something that's called 'Easy Breakfast Roll-Up'? You open a tube of crescent rolls, you put your browned sausage+egg+cheese mixture on the dough, roll it up and bake it.
But, no, I am too cheap to buy the tube of crescent rolls, so I find a recipe for bread machine dough. Easy enough. Throw it all in the bread machine, take your dough out in about 2.5 hours.
What I didn't know is how big a roll all this makes. Let me show you:



This baby is big enough to feed my family for a MONTH! Aside from that, it's 2pm and it's intended for breakfast TOMORROW.

Sigh.

I will put in in the fridge and hope it warms up really well in the morning. And the leftovers are going in the freezer.

3 comments:

  1. I cant tell how big it is, but I'll take your word for it! Im always impressed by your cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no way I can show proportion, but this thing is HUGE! It can easily feed 30.
    And I am not good at cooking, but I do like my tools (like bread maker, you should definitely get one of those if you don't have it already)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I do have one, but never use it. I always think I need all the gadgets and really the only 2 I use are my kitchen aid and my food processor... but my pantry looks like bed ba.th and beyond threw up in there!

    ReplyDelete