Monday, November 1, 2010

What We Have Been Up To.

I know, I know. I haven't posted in a while. There's simply not much going on worth to be mentioned here, unless you want to listen to me bragging about my flute accomplishments (I can now reach all the notes except for third B and forth C. YAY!)
We've been having wonderful fall weather here, staying in the 60s for the most part. I do NOT care for fall or winter because of the cold, the wind and the muck so I am really happy it's still warm.
Halloween was nice. I have a hard time celebrating the evil spirits, so we don't decorate or dress up (we can have fun dressing up and playing on any other day, and there's plenty of candy in stores) Our church hosted a nice Reformation day evening service complete with singing, a great message by this man and treats and fellowship afterwards. The kids had their treats and we didn't have to compromise our values. Wonderful!
Kids are having no school this Thursday and Friday and M's bosses have been insisting he take his vacation days. So, we are going to visit grandparents. And since we have wonderful neighbours who are willing to take in our dog, we don't have to worry about M's parents chaining our Lucy in their barn and listen to her desperate cries all night. She simply loves S and A and their two dogs. S keeps Lucy in her house at night and lets her play with her dogs during the day. I L-O-V-E them!
Rachael is talking more each and every day. We went out to eat on Sat. night to our favorite place and the kids always get ice-cream after their meal. I was holding Rachael's bowl so that she doesn't dump ice-cream on herself. She said 'Don't touch it! Momma get her own ice-cream!'. She is not yet two! What am I going to do when she is 13?

No comments:

Post a Comment