Thursday, November 18, 2010

Things Work Out.

Somehow they always do.
I called the pastor's wife yesterday to see if she would watch the kids. She said she would exept she needs to take another church member to the airport at that time. She called another lady from our church to see if she would do it, but she had things going on, as well.
I tried calling other parents to see if they would take my place at school serving. The food was ready to go and I was even willing to bring it to the school.
No one answered the phone.
Great.
As a last resort, I called my neighbor. She works so odds were not good. But I had no one else to turn to. We are not close, though they are very friendly and we exchange dog sitting services when one of us has to go out of town. Lucy (my cocker) loves them! She loves S and plays well with their dogs.
So, I called. You never know, if she is willing to watch my dog maybe she can watch the kids for an hour and a half. She said she will take time off work and come watch them!
WOW! I could not believe my ears. After all, we are not really friends, we just chat occasionally. She said since she works alone (cleaning houses and running errands for people) she can leave and go back later to finish the job. I was moved to tears. I could not believe someone would do that for me. She also said she would be willing to do that any time I need her to. For free! I would never use her generosity without a very serious reason, but what I relief! For years I've lived in this city with no one to turn to in case of emergency. The words are not enough to express my gratitude.
I made her a loaf of bread that night since she commented on how good the house smelled (I baked some bread to take to school) You should have seen the expression on her husbands face when I walked in with a bag of groceries (she came back from the store and had her hands full so I helped her carry stuff inside) and a loaf of bread! it was precious. LOL. I explained that she babysat for me earlier hence the bread.
What a blessing it is to have neighbors like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment