Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mommyhood - gotta love it

We are having such a wonderful day today! It started with a trip to Ta.rget to get Daniel a winter hat. No, it's not THAT cold here yet, but we had to get one for Jadin because he is going on a school trip on Monday and it's going to be cold, and Daniel really wanted one, too. So, hello, Tar.get.
I also had 2 pairs of Jadin's jeans to exchange at Sea.rs and the mall doesn't open till ten. So we wondered around and I found this GREAT pair of work out pants. I would have never paid 20$ for something I wear to the gym, but this pair was LONG! I have never EVER owned a pair of work out pants that was long enough. Trying those on was like being in heaven. So, they really do exist after all. I was starting to believe that 5'10" women are not meant to exercise judging by the lack of gym clothes on the shelves. Yes, I paid the 20$, and, yes, I feel guilty about it. But I am, oh, so very exited to own a pair of pants that make me look like I am 17 yo and never had kids and that are LONG!
I was just talking to a mom friend of mine at Jadin's school when Rachael started asking to go potty. I told her I will take her in a minute. Well, when they TELL you they need to go, it means THEY NEED TO GOOOOO! By the time we were done talking she (and the car seat that I can't take out of the car to wash by myself) were soaked. Oh, joy. It's also Thursday, which means I have to spend 5 hours at the YMCA. Staying at home and avoiding the pee soaked car seat is not an option.
It took me 20 minutes to blindly disassemble the car seat without taking it out. I am not sure I can put it back together, but at least Rachael (and the car) will not smell like pee...still have no idea how I am going to get to the Y...
(I have to mention here that just yesterday I made a mistake of leaving her asleep with daddy while I was exercising. I came back to a screaming soaking wet baby and a sleeping daddy. The pack-and-play HAD to be washed and dried before night time. 'Sigh')
I also made the kids spaghetti (had some left over sauce in the fridge). BIG mistake! Rachael (and half the dinning room) was covered in tomato. Hello, bath. (have I ever mentioned that she HATES being washed?)
Oh, the joys of mommyhood.
PS. I did have a HUGE piece of cake in the freezer to lighten up the day...it was vanilla, not chocolate, but better that than nothing. It's all gone now, so I am hoping to not see any pee-throw-up disasters until we have a back-up plan (read 'chocolate cake').
PPS Yes, Jadin did throw up after having too much of said cake on Sunday night. And, yes, I should have known better than to give it to him and his sensitive stomach but we haven't had any disasters ever since I discovered probiotics...

No comments:

Post a Comment