Monday, October 4, 2010

Really Disappointed.

I love a good deal. I also am addicted to little girl dresses. So, yes, I shop on e-bay all the time. I was able to find these most adorable summer dresses for Rachael last spring and paid less then 10$ for three of them.
So, when I couldn't find any pretty winter dresses in the stores we have I went to ebay. And found these:

I know, the picture is a little small, but don't they look adorable?
Here's what came in the mail today:

Let me tell you this picture really doesn't represent the dresses. The blue and black one is really really worn and faded and has holes in it! See for yourself:

This is what normal fading from washing looks like according to the seller's description. If I knew it was THAT worn I would have never EVER bid on it. This dress has NO life left in it.
The read one with bears is very faded and the read one with flowers has elastic coming off of it (though it is so worn the elastic is shot anyway)
I wrote the seller an e-mail telling her how disappointed I am. The problem is, even if she returns my money she wanted so much for shipping (and it will cost more to return them)that at the end of the day I am out of my 15$ any way you look at it.
Sigh.
** Update **
Since posting this I have contacted the seller and she agreed to refund the full price (including shipping). So I will be mailing those dresses back. I am glad she was willing to work with me.

2 comments:

  1. Terrible. I really like the flower smocked one. Im a sucker for smocking.
    What size is Rachael now a days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be able to tell you. For dresses I look for 24m - 2T.These are 24m and they look a little small. Do you have any dresses left in your baby stash? We are still enjoying the clothes we bought from you :) Living in a smaller city means we have little selection. It's also possible that I just expect too much. How come all fall dresses are short sleeved here in the states? It's 40F outside in the fall!

    ReplyDelete