Saturday, October 2, 2010

Protected By Cuteness Factor

Alternative title : 'Why Did I Get A Dog?' Yes, she is cute (my dog, that is) but I didn't mean her. I meant the babies. God makes them cute so that the parents don't get rid of them as soon as they can. At least, that's my theory :) Let me explain. I was making shrimp sliders yesterday which is an involved process. First, you have to stuff 48 of them (with 1/2 t. of stuffing at a time, guess how long THAT takes). Then you fry them 5 at a time. That involves 1/2 of water in a HOT skillet and grease spattering all over. Yes, not a fun thing to do with a 21 month old trying to help. And then said 21 mo decides to play with her high chair (which she was told NOT to do on more than one occasion, since she can get the tray loose and it usually lands on her head) and half of those sliders go tumbling down with the plate they were on and the tray on top. The grease is still spattering and the current batch is burning (I was just reaching to get them off the skillet) The dog goes for the plate with the raw sliders. I am trying to save said sliders and absentmindedly put the plate with 5 of the cooked ones on the floor. By the time I am done saving the raw sliders I realize that the dog is happily swallowing the cooked ones whole. As quickly as they would go down, because she knows that the second I figure out what's going on her time will be over. But that's not the end, folks. The sliders were so hot that the dog's stomach can't digest then and proceeds to throw up on the kitchen and dinning room floor while I a trying to get her to go outside while keeping Rachael and the boys from stepping into the throw up. All the while Jadin keeps whining about not liking something in his food. The sliders on the skillet are beyond saving. The kitchen is filled with smoke, the stove is covered in grease and my food just got wasted by the dog. I still have to clean the vomit off of the floors (which is a problem because our dinning room floor is concrete. Have you ever tried cleaning dog vomit off of concrete? I don't recommend trying).
And my bathroom is still covered with pee because apparently Daniel can't aim. Little kids really are protected my the cuteness factor.

4 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!!
    Thank God for the cuteness factor!
    Concrete flooring? Never seen it! Neat!!! (Sans the vomit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Sounds like "Just another day in paradise" over there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning on laying tile, as soon as M has any time to spare :) (read 'never') And I was considering stealing your 'Just another day...' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, haha I thought concrete flooring was something new I hadnt heard of. Oops. Well, if youre covering it, its ok if its stained :)

    ReplyDelete