Monday, May 31, 2010

I know I am still alive...

...I can hear myself talk! That's Jadin for you. Full of drama. He said that in response to my 'I didn't leave you in the back of the pickup to die! Look, you are still alive, aren't you?' What was going on? M was mowing the lawn for the second time that week. If you know where we live you are probably surprised. I know, it's supposed to be dry here. So, back to Jadin. A couple of years back I let them watch a segment on the news about a 2 yo boy who got mowed down. He spent two years in the hospital fighting for his life...and didn't make it. It was a sad story, but I wanted both boys to see it. You know, little boys find lawn mowers are soooo attractive. (don't you wish they retain that attitude when they grow up? ha-ha, it just doesn't seem to work that way) So, anyway, Jadin knows to stay away from lawn mowers and was upset that he was left alone in the pickup bed to watch Daddy mow. He just has a way of putting things...:)

----------

I have been working on potty training Rachael for the past month. She is doing very well and wearing big girl panties full time now, though she does have an accident every day, towards the end of it usually, when she is just too tired to think about it. Night training was never a plan. I understand, that a 16 mo simply cannot control herself when asleep. Or, at least, that's what I thought. Well, last night she decided she was a really big girl. She woke up at least three times asking to go potty and then going quickly and happily back to sleep. Me? Not so quickly. In fact, it takes me an hour to fall asleep. So, between her going potty and M getting up to go to work I didn't get any sleep. I know, I should be happy, but I am secretly hoping this will not last. After all, we just bought a huge box of diapers and are not afraid to use them...at night, anyway. Please, baby, SLEEP!

-------

I made a very interesting discovery a couple of days ago. Teen girl clothes in our front yard. There are no teen girls living in our immediate neighbourhood, so I have no idea whose they were. Or why would anyone undress in our front yard and leave, naked? Is it an American thing? We threw the clothes in the garbage after a couple of days since no one came to claim them.

No comments:

Post a Comment