Monday, May 24, 2010

Our worship team

I was going to blog about a fight I had with my husband over who gets to put the baby down for a nap, but, hey, we fought, we made good, I don't think it's that interesting. Let me just say that being married to a philosofer isn't always easy. I am sure being married to me isn't a walk in a park, either :)
So, instead I am going to talk about some talanted people in our church. Our church is quite small, under a 100 people, so it's amazing how that small a church can have so much talent. First, our pianist, C, has been playing piano in one church or another for twice as many years as I have been alive. Or just about. I don't know if there's a hymn she doesn't know. She can transpose them in her head and doesn't neseserily need sheet music to play. She can change keys in the middle of the song and come up with such a smooth and beautiful transition you'd think she had music in front of her. Most amazingly, she can play AND sing alto at the same time. She brought some sheet music for us to learn to sing as a special song, wich brings me to the other two members. They can sight read their parts AND can sing either bass or tenor. Can you imagine the range these guys have? Now, I can play three instruments myself, but I was sweating trying to keep up with their sining. And my alto part was really simple! I am telling you, these guys ARE amazing! I am learning a lot from them every Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. I hate musical people, its just not fair. I was not granted ANY talents in that department... Secretly I love musical people, and am amazed at the music that can come from their fingertips like superpowers... but I wont tell them that ;)

    ReplyDelete