Thursday, May 27, 2010

Our trip to Lviv

This post will have a lot of pictures, so if you are not the type who would look at pictures of people you don't know and places you will probably never visit, you should move on to the next blog :)
This is one of my favourite pictures of us as a family of three. Jadin's first trip to Ukraine, though I am quite sure he doesn't remember any of it. Awww, it makes me miss home.


This is the city I lived most of my life in, the city of Nikolaev. It was originally built to support shipbuilding industry and most of it's occupants were men. In order to stimulate 'healthy' city growth the government shipped prostitutes in. The men and the women were lined up opposite each other and the men were told to pick a wife...history, glorious history :)
Now, unfortunately I don't know much about Lviv except that it' very, very old. Here some of the pictures of downtown:


And I like this next picture because of the inscription on the church (it says 'Soli Deo Gloria'):


The next few pictures were taken at an century old cemetery:








My home, people!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great historic place to visit! Thanks for sharing, I hope to see it some day soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! You are from Ukraine? I knew from your name that you were Eastern European in some way. I love this! I have a priest friend who is in Ukraine and runs a boys town there for orphaned/abandoned boys. I think it's in Lviv...

    Anyway, thanks for commenting on my blog! I hope you keep commenting! If you don't mind how Catholic it is. :)

    ReplyDelete