Friday, May 14, 2010

'Bonk' beds and no hell

We had a great morning today, until about 7:30 when I realized it was Friday. Jadin's school day. He needed to be there by 8:15. At that point both Rachael and Daniel were still sleeping. We did get out of the house eventually and even made it to school by 8:17. My car was the ONLY car in the parking lot. I checked the clock again, and then date on my cell. Just to make sure it was actually Friday. It was. And the school was closed. Finally I called another mom just to find out that today is school track meet which means no day care. Does it mean that pre-school is considered day care? We went to McDonald's to lessen Jadin's disappointment (he is still at a stage in his life where school is the best part of his day) Now, we go to the same McDonald's once a month on a Friday morning and see the same old folks sitting at the same table. Well, today they complemented me on my three beautiful little boys (I cut Rachael's hair yesterday :) and one of the old ladies stayed a while and visited. She is one of 18 children in her family. EIGHTEEN? As in one eight? In this day and age we are shocked to discover someone has 8 kids. It was very interesting to listen to her. The kids were sitting there very patiently (yeah, right!) while we were visiting so we all decided to go to Reptile Gardens. And we did just to find out it was school trip day. The place was packed. I turned around and left. about 5 minutes after coming back home I heard someone ring the bell. Jadin ran out accompanied by the dog that proceeded to attack the lady who rang the bell...while I was using the bathroom. I HAD to let her in. Turns out she is a Jehovah's witness. We talked. And talked. The conversation was pretty much over when I told her that unless she believes in Jesus as her GOD she will discover for herself that there's indeed a hell.
By now you are probably wondering if I just misspelled 'bunk bed' when I wrote the title to this post. No, not really. Last night Jadin asked if we could make Easter eggs just for fun and somehow he went from Easter eggs to Easter bunk beds. I missed the transition. I explained to him that his bed is called bunk bed because it's two beds stacked one on top of the other and Daniel started laughing and hitting his bed. When I asked him why he was doing it, he said 'It's a bunk bed, so I am hitting it, bonk, bonk, bonk' I rolling on the floor laughing (Yes, I know, it's not that funny. Five hours in the YMCA's nursery might have something to do with it)

No comments:

Post a Comment