Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lost

We do not have a big house. In fact, until two years ago when M built an addition, all we had was one bedroom, a small living room and a tiny kitchen. It's a little bigger now with a dining room and two small bedrooms but it's still not big by any definition. So why do I loose things? And I mean not loose something in a mess for a time but permanently loose things like clothing and, now, drugs. Boys' pro-biotics to be exact? Those pills run 60$ for a month's supply. I had at least another week and a half worth. And they are nowhere to be found. To say that I am upset is a severe understatement! I turned everything up side down, looked in every spot including the boys' toy box! I have been so tired lately that they could have been easily misplaced. But they are gone. So, we are going to Walgreen's for more. *sigh*

The reason why I was so tired is because Rachael had horrible fever Sat. night through Sunday night. And before that we went camping.



No, we are not abusing our daughter, she was just really tired and wanted a nap but the car seat is not good for that. It turned out to be a perfect solution.



Jadin has been taking swimming lessons at the Y for a couple of years now. At only 5yo he is a strong swimmer. It's amazing that such a little guy can learn to swim so well!



My little flower girl :)



It was freezing the night before, I didn't get much sleep.



This one is just so cute. And look at her. Not a slightest sign of fever that would strike only a few hours later. We did discover a tooth responsible for it. On Sunday night she was doing so badly she looked like she was dying. Her little face was beet red, her lips swollen, her breathing fast and shallow. And that was an hour after I gave her the meds. There was nothing else we could do. M wouldn't agree to take her to the emergency room. And on top of that our pianist was gone so I had to be in church or they would have no music. Both in the morning and at night. I wasn't going to go at night (and the Pastor's wife called and said that if she wasn't doing well I could stay home with her) but I took her to the mall (daddy HAD to take a nap, he was going to work at 1am Monday morning) and she was very happy, refused to sit in the stroller and ran around and played the whole time.
So, anyway, when we came home from church Sunday night I was crying watching my baby suffer like that. M proposed a cold compress, and though she cried, I kept it on her head for there was nothing else we could do for her. 15 minutes later the fever was completely gone. Just like that. She was fever free all night and though she was a little warm in the morning, Motrin took care of that and she was just fine. I hate teething, last time she had a fever like that for a WEEK! No other symptoms, just the fever. And 4 new teeth. I am really not looking forward to more teeth!

3 comments:

  1. Tell us more about these probiotics... Ive been trying to gather info
    Ummm can you find me a baby that is as cute as Rachael? ZOMG she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I agree, she is the cutest baby girl ever :) :) It's funny, last time I went to my OB after having her I gave them a pic for their wall, they said the was sooo beautiful, to wich I replied that all babies are beautiful. You will never believe what the nurse said. She said, 'no, some are actually quite ugly!' Seriously? How can you think that and still be a OB nurse?
    I will send you an e-mail about probiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some babies are not cute... not ugly, because they are all precious, but "cute" cannot be used on all babies...

    ReplyDelete