Friday, July 16, 2010

Changes

(Warning: if you don't like reading about other people's kids, skip this one)
We are back home and life is back to normal. Kind of. I have been very slow going back to reality.
Rachael is at that age when I have to keep a note book and a pen handy at all times. She is developing so quickly, saying and doing more and more every day. She watches me so closely and imitates. When she is frustrated she makes these little grunts that I recognize as mine. She spilled some water today and when I gave her a paper towel to lean it up she went and found a plastic bag to put her used paper towel in (I did that at early stages of potty training when I had to blot pee out of the carpet) It's scary at times to realize how everything I do effects her. EVERYTHING!
She interacts with brothers more, too. Yesterday Daniel was being stubborn wanting to go exactly where she stood. There was a ton of room to go around on either side but he stood in front of her saying 'Excuse me' over and over and OVER again. Right in her face. She observed for a while than shoved him aside saying 'excuse YOU!' I was rolling on the floor laughing. I wish you were there to see it.
She is quite stubborn, too. On Wednesday night she decided that sleep was severely overrated. She was sooo tired yet refused to go to bed. She was wailing and screaming for an hour. I am just not used to that. She is always out about 15 minutes after we put her down. I was sitting at the computer by her crib the whole time (don't want her to think I am abandoning her) She stopped for a minute and I turned around to see what she was doing. She was standing in her bed looking at me. When she saw she had my attention she started saying 'Baby crying! Baby crying' NO KIDDIN! That's a severe understatement! I said 'Rachael done crying now' She agreed and quietly sat down saying 'Baby all done crying' Ten seconds later she was asleep. Just like that. Go figure.

Jadin has really grown up over these couple of months. She takes up more responsibilities. For some reason he decided he was going to unbuckle his brother. We always encouraged him to help Daniel, and he did it every once in a while. Now he insists that HE does it. He also picks up his toys with pleasure taking pride in his work. The changes are amazing. He keeps telling me that he is my big helper and that he likes cleaning up. When Rachael is using the potty in the Nursery it is Jadin she is asking for.

Of all the three kids Daniel is my baby, my cuddle bug, my sensitive one, the one who comes for hugs and kisses often, the once who reminds me again and again how much he loves me. He is the one I have to be most careful with when I talk. I think it's going to be harder for them to go off to school than it was for Jadin even though he can't wait for fall.

The kids are growing so fast, changing so much. For the first time in my life I wish I could stop the time, to bask in their baby love just a little while longer. But I also enjoy the changes in them.

3 comments:

  1. Rachael sounds like a hoot! What a funny girl! Babies are so fun at her age!
    What big boys you have too! Gotta love family helpers! Im all for siblings helping eachother out. Sadly, its becoming more and more rare to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Rachael is a smartie =-), she's going to keep you on your toes and be a lot of fun! Daniel is your middle child, right? Sam is exactly the same with the cuddles and kisses, I can never get enough. I'm really looking forward to meeting your family next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry, this is really interesting, I wonder is it's a middle child thing?

    ReplyDelete