Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hello, Blog.

I have been neglecting you. Too much going on in the summer. I am always tired. Not just physically, but emotionally as well. I feel like I can't think in complete sentences. Let alone write.
Speaking of writting, my essay won third place! I am sure it was because there were two other adults participating. Ha-ha. They gave me a really nice T-shirt and informed me I was outperformed my an 8yo and a 10yo :) Still, 3rd place? Not too bad for a foreigner :) :)
----------
I have to put this picture on here. I just can't help it:



I told M that all I wanted for my birthday was a cake. He heard me! Look at this beauty! It's a chocolate ice cream cake with layers of moist velvet cake and raspberry filling. AND chocolate shavings. From Cold Stone. I found that Cold Stone ice cream tastes almost as good as Ukrainian.
---------
Cell phone drama continues. We got the phone the company promised us only to find that they cent their 5$ 'el cheap-o' model instead of the one they promised. M sent it right back to them.
---------
We are going to visit M's parents and attend the wedding of our friends tomorrow. This will be our first trip since Rachael was potty trained. It takes about 6 hrs to get there. I am not sure how this will work with a baby that needs to go potty every hour and a half and refuses to drink out of a sippy cup.
Also we will be bringing back 3/4 of a cow that M's parents are giving to us (and some of it to sell for them) It has to somehow fit into our van along with three kids and all our luggage. I wish the van was stretchy.
---------
I am still going to write a post about the priesthood of all believers. I am pretty sure what we (and the Bible) mean by that is quite different from what the Catholic church does. Also, I want to post my faith story, the story about my conversion. I would love to read your stories, too. I will even try to put a link to your faith story here, with your permission. :)
---------
And to finish this post, here are a few cute pics of our fav. summer activities:



Rachael and a goat at Old McDonald's Farm



Ahh, the lake. That rock I am sitting on has a story to it. I was standing ankle deep in the water wishing out loud for a chair to drop out of heaven to sit on. My wonderful husband went right ahead and rolled this huge boulder in the water for me. I am married to the most wonderful man in the whole Universe. :)



And finally, the dog that our neighbor uses to keeps us awake all night :) It found a way to escape her back yard, too. Do you see what I mean when I say it's a pit bull the size of a miniature horse?

Have a wonderful weekend

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for husbands who listen, and yummy ice cream cake! It's tradition around here that I get CS cakes too... Mmmmm!
    I cant believe after all that the cell phone company still sent the wrong phone. Arg!
    I love that Rachael is a blonde baldie, just like most of the babies in our families... And how did your son get such tan skin!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jadin was actually born with darker skin. I am quite dark myself. Daniel took after my dad, he burns easily. It's hard to know what Rachael's like with all the sunscreen we put on her.
    Ice Cram cakes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is today your birthday? The 8th? Happy Birthday! (If it is, you share a birthday with Mel. If I missed it - Happy Birthday late!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it's on the 4th, but I didn't take the pic of the cake until later.
    Thank you for your birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops, actually it's not even the 4th, it's the 2nd :)

    ReplyDelete