Monday, June 27, 2011

We Are Back!

Which is a miracle! (I'll explain later)
We had a wonderful visit, the best we ever had. M. did not work too late on Friday so we were able to leave that night and arrived at the farm about 11ish pm their time. They were not expecting us til Saturday, so every possible sleeping place(except the living room) had been occupied. I would have been fine in the living room, and really wanted the kids to sleep there with us, too, rather then being stuffed in the small office with the rest of the kids. ILs were really nice and decided to switch with us and let us sleep in their bedroom while they slept in the living room. It worked out really well (we sleep later than everyone else, and that way people could use the kitchen and living room early in the morning) though I wasn't comfortable kicking two older people out of their bedroom. It had been decided before we arrived though, and we didn't really have a choice other then to start arguing in the middle of the night. We were asked to let the boys sleep with their cousin in the office the next day which I politely declined. Kids are not an inconvenience to me personally, in fact I prefer to have them close, and M. is too tired to be bothered by them.
The children had so much fun! They pretty much played outside all day Saturday, exploring the farm and getting dirt and ticks all over themselves (the boys ended up getting washed twice). I had a wonderful time visiting with MIL and SIL, and did not feel excluded like before. We even played a little together (BIL brought his guitar and SIL plays piano, though it really needs tuned). SIL told us they were expecting #4 (yay! their youngest was wearing a shirt saying 'I have a secret...I am a BIG sister!' but I decided not to ask unless they say something just to be sure. After all, they had told us before that they were done with kids and I did have an uncomfortable moment at church when I asked a new couple when they were expecting their #2 (she looked about 6 months along) and she told me they were not pregnant.)
So, Sunday morning rolls around and we are all ready to go to church. Except our van. It decided to quit on us. On the only trip when M. forgot his tools at home! He is pretty awesome, can fix ANYTHING with a motor and most anything that doesn't have a motor. Apparently two of the six coils decided they were done (quite unusual, M. says) He decided to go to church anyway on a chance that it will snap out of it (yeh, right, like that ever happens!). By the time we got to church (which was only about 15 min. away) the car was smoking.
M. was really stressed. He had to be back to RC on Sunday night to go to work early Monday morning and it was Sunday afternoon. Even if he was right about the coils (there were other possibilities), where would we find two new ones on a Sunday afternoon and how is M. going to fix the car without the tools?
Well, he is pretty amazing, like I said. A few phone calls, a trip to SF and some fighting with the car without tools later he announced that I better be packed because 'she is purrin' like a kitty'.
So, we were back home very late Sunday night. M. said that it must be my fault that the car broke, electronic things just happen to break around me (my phone quit a few days earlier for no obvious reason). Aren't these things always the wife's fault? LOL
I guess, I am lucky to be married to a guy who can fix them.

No comments:

Post a Comment