Friday, June 3, 2011

It All Started With a Dress.

This one, to be exact:


It's absolutely gorgeous! This dress will make ANYONE look like a model.
So, obviously I couldn't wait to wear it and yesterday was definitely the perfect day for it. It was hot! Our first hot day in SD, and believe me, we all enjoyed it. (except for neighbors, did I ever mention that I practice with my door open to be able to watch the kids? HA-ha, poor people.)
It wasn't two minutes after I put it on that Rachael noticed I was wearing a dress. And she (horror of horrors) was wearing pants! Oh, NO! She demanded a pretty dress for herself which was promised to her after a nap and a bath. I told her she could wear it to the nursery.
Ehhh, not good enough. She went to spare bedroom (where I keep her dresses) and picked the one she could reach. Unfortunately the reason she could reach it was because I put it on the bed as a 'too small for her winter dress that needs to be put up in the attic' one.
Did you know that it's absolutely pointless to talk some sense into a 2yo? No matter how hard I was trying to explain it to her she would not have it.

So, some tears a nap and a bath later she still remembered my promise of a pretty dress and also semi-forgot the one she picked out for herself earlier. I say 'semi-forgot' because she made me iron three different dresses and neither of them worked for her. She could remember that those were NOT the ones she picked but not what the one she did pick looked like. Half an hour later we finally settled on the dress. The fanciest summer bishop dress she has, to be exact.
Of course, the second Daniel walked in the room he noticed Rachael was all dressed up. And he wasn't. Nope, not gonna work. So, back to the ironing board I go. This time I am smart, though. I iron a fancy shirt for Jadin, as well.
Another lesson I learned? Do NOT put nice shirts on two young boys until 2 minutes before you are ready to leave. Jadin and Daniel were killing each other, uh, I mean playing in the living room and one of Jadin's old battle scars started bleeding...all over the carpet, the jeans, and, yes, that fancy shirt I just ironed.
He got changed. He screamed because I refused to turn the iron on for the third time to iron yet another fancy shirt.

I will never buy myself a new dress ever again.

But that's why my family looked like we were going to a wedding when we stopped by music store to drop something off and then went to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment