Friday, July 1, 2011

Is It Friday AGAIN?

1. I started a veeery bad tradition - donuts Friday. Once kids discovered what thy are they keep asking for them. I am sure it will not hurt THEM if I get a dozen every once in a while.

2. Someone told me once that if you run 6 miles a day it doesn't matter what you eat you will stay in shape. I am pretty sure it doesn't include THREE bavarian cream filled donuts. Sigh.

3. M. found a Yamaha 400 series silver flute with all the bells and whistles (even split E!) on e-bay for only 1400$. CRAZY! Too bad timing is so absolutely horrible, otherwise I would be really tempted to get it, even though I will never be good enough to fully utilize something that fancy.

4. I finally went to the doctor to have my broken pinky looked at just to find out it's a birth defect and even though physical therapy might help gain some more function, there's nothing they can do to fix it. There goes my life long dream to have it fixed (and 50$ co-pay with it.)

5. It's raining AGAIN! I don't know what's going on with weather, but I hate it! We have only been able to go to the lake once this summer. Our back yard is turning into jungle (too wet to mow).

6. Jadin informed me that it's my birthday tomorrow. The kids are SOOO excited! They have been talking about eating my birthday cake (ooops, I guess it means I should start baking it, they will be so disappointed if there's no cake) and blowing out my candles (plenty of those to go 'round, too. I can't believe I am THAT old!) and getting balloons. It's amusing to see their anticipation and joy. It's been sooo long since I have seen anyone getting so excited about my birthday. LOL.

7. Speaking of birthdays, when I was my kids age my parents would buy me ten (!) ice creams on a stick and let me eat as many as I wanted at a time. It was the tastiest fruity kind that was only available in the summer. Of course, there was also cake and presents and a pretty dress, but my favourite memory is still that of ice cream.


Happy Fourth of July weekend, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment