Friday, March 11, 2011

Let me state the obvious. I haven't updated for a while. There IS a reason, a few, even. One of them is, I really wanted to blog about Daniel. He turned 5 on Feb.25. So, I started looking for a particular picture. Went through every picture on the 20+ picture CDs and it's nowhere to be found. It's my absolute favorite of all times! I HAVE to have it. So, I asked my doula, who snapped that picture, if she still has it. I hope she does. Otherwise back I go to those CDs. If I do happen to find it, you will know why. It's literally the picture of him taking his first breaths, up close, with umbilical cord still uncut and showing a HUGE knot on it. I wouldn't mind loosing any other picture but not THAT one.
So, needless to say, no birthday post for Daniel. But I do want to post some great pictures of him. So, here we go:
Daniel's baptism. He is 7 days old:



This first one is of Daniel in Ukraine visiting my parents. He is 2.5 months old



Daniel's first Christmas, at Grandma and Grandpa B's. He is 10 m.o.



First independent steps:



Daniel's 2nd birthday. Unfortunately he was very sick with RSV and then the flu on his first birthday, so, no pictures.



And, finally, his birthday cake this year:

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! And a world traveler too! I didnt realize your kids have been to Ukraine. Fun!
    The cake looks great- did you make it?
    Happy 5th Birthday, Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the crazy mom who took her 2mo to a developing country three airplane rides away. LOL It was good for everyone involved :)
    Thanks, I did make the cake, and was disappointed that there was no time for fancy decorations. I also didn't think it turned out well (in fact, I though it wasn't good at all, had I known, I would have never taken it to church), but our small church ate it all and many people told me I should start my own business. What I really didn't like about it, other people LOVED! Isn't perception an interesting thing?

    ReplyDelete