Monday, March 21, 2011

Visit.

Remember the drama with a busted ear drum? Well, it didn't end there, though we were fortunate enough to have it happen on Wednesday and Thursday, because Grandpa and Grandma came to visit on Friday and by then Daniel was feeling a little better.
Our Grandparents have really high expectations when it comes to keeping a clean house. Needless to say, when they come to visit I start freaking out (I do have three small children and eating in the living room is not a crime in this house, so, yes, our floors do have an occasional crumb on them, let alone toys) Add to that an early phone call from a friend and spending all morning with her and all three of those children having been sick for the last three weeks and you will get the idea about my mental state (and the state of my house).
Well, at least the kids were really happy. They ADORE grandparents. The first thing Rachael asks when she wakes up is 'Where's Grandma?' Unfortunately I have no pictures, because I was too busy with meals/laundry/cleaning up. Throw in a couple of adults in my tiny kitchen all giving me advice and a work out/flute practice time, and it's amazing I am as sane as I am (ok, I did manage to put pepper shaker in the fridge and do some other things that an adult in a normal healthy state of mind probably wouldn't do, but other than that I am doing pretty well (insert hysterical laughing here).
So, to 'more drama' part. Rachael woke up on Sunday morning kind of crabby. I was hoping Grandparents would help take care of the kids during worship team practice, but they decided to stay home. It's a good thing they did. I could hear her crying the whole time we were practicing. In addition to that practicing wasn't good. Someone told me (quite meanly) that I was playing too close to their ear. Also when the piano and vocals could not keep the same tempo for some reason they decided to 'kick the drummer (me)' so to speak. So, after we played through all the songs once I went to investigate Rachael's continuous crying. (it was obvious that no additional practicing would make us sound any better as a group, for that we would have to grow EARS and start listening to each other instead of being soloists) One look at her miserable face and rubbing of the ear and I was on my way to Rapid Care (they are open on Sundays, a great alternative to the ER) where I ended up spending my morning. M wasn't happy, he thought I should wait till Monday because 'we can't be sure it's an ear infection'. Who's 'we'?
Turned out, I was right.(And that is why God gave children MOTHERS. So that they can survive the childhood). Another child with an ear infection. It's amazing what a dose of antibiotics can do to a child, though! By evening service she was her regular happy self. I keep telling M. that Mother's gut is Always right!
Well, grandparents are on the way home, ear infections are being dealt with, Daniel got a few much needed spankings (which resulted in a MUCH better attitude). Now, a work out and some time with the flute and my sanity might make a come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment