Friday, February 18, 2011

Seven Quick Takes

1. I am getting tired of 2 y.o. back seat driving. When we go home from school, I hear 'a-a-ah, slow down!', when we go to the YMCA, she keeps saying 'that one parking spot!' (parking is a HUGE problem) when everything is packed. And so on (and on, and on, and on) Two year olds SHOULD NOT be able to talk!!!!!!

2. Mornings are stressful around here. I am NOT a morning person, my kids DO NOT like breakfast food, so feeding them is a big headache, Daniel is very slow and Jadin is very hyper. Rachael wants to be held. One of them decides he/she needs to use the bathroom for 20 minutes just as we are finally heading out the door (and are usually too late to make it on time already).
Today, Jadin went out to get in the car, Rachael opened the door and the dog escaped, I ran out of the door to get the dog. Daniel walked out of the door and closed it shut. With the keys still inside.
I proceeded to have a meltdown. I yelled at him. I might have said 'stupid idiot' to no one in particular and am pretty sure all three kids heard that. Sigh. Not my most glorious moment. Mark had to leave work to open the door for me. He wasn't happy.

3. Moving on. I am bound and determined to find the right flute embouchure. My teacher was gone for three weeks, so I've been playing the wrong way (yet again) without knowing it. She explained it to me AGAIN (for the thousandth time) and with the help of the Internet I am thinking I finally got it (after two solid days of trying). It sounds horrible, but it usually gets worse before it gets better. We will see.

4. I was planning to go to a YMCA nursery potluck (baroque themed, people were encouraged to dress for the time period) tonight. I even have a long dark maroon dress that can be counted as 'baroque' (or close enough). M tells me he will not be back from work till 6. It STARTS at 6. He's been up for 16 hours. I guess, it's not going to happen.

5. I was invited to a party where the hostess is trying to sell stuff. It's tomorrow. I was going to go, but now am thinking probably not. Rachael fell asleep in the car just as I pulled into Wall.mart's parking lot (to go grocery shopping for the next two weeks.) And M. called right after and asked if I could bring him some food. So, instead of grocery shopping I went food and husband hunting (he delivers food to restaurants, so it's challenging to catch him at one particular place). Which means I will have to do it tomorrow instead of going to the party. Oh, well. We don't have any money for that anyway.

6. It has been very VERY warm here (in the 60's) for a few days. I can NOT wait for spring, it is so nice to not shiver all the time. I took the kids to the play ground. It was getting to be late in the day and I did put sweaters on them. There was a 4 yo little girl wearing a sundress and flip flops. SUNDRESS???? I was getting too cold in a sweater!

7.I let the kids play in the tub while I am writing that. My suspicion is the floor is flooded and the water is probably cold by now. So, I am going to get them out. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment