Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nothing Blog Worthy.

Absolutely NOTHING! Unless, of course, you want to hear about laundry and vomiting children. No? Ok, then.
On a different subject, I feel like I have been surrounded by death. It started when four families in our very small church lost their loved ones in a very short period of time. I am not sure why it affected me so much, but I have been shaken up. Maybe because I understand God's perfection and how offensive our sins are in His sight and it's hard for me to remember that He is also GOOD. Not just good in general, but that He is good to ME. He showed it time and again. But my sins are always before me. There's so much loss and death in the world brought in by sin. Why should I escape? Why should my soul be spared the loss of the ones I love when everyone around me is affected? Am I less sinful? Am I in any way different? Is He not the same God to them as He is to me? Is he not glorified in death as He is in life?
So, why should my soul be spared the grief?
Don't worry, we are all well (minus the throwing up, which is not deadly as Jadin is as happy and running around today as he was yesterday) Still, I feel like I am living in shadows.
My teacher called yesterday saying that her mom is dying so she will not be in town for some time. And I also learned about the death of this beautiful little baby girl. So.Not.Fair.
I hate you, sin! I am so looking forward to Jesus coming back. And today I am trying to remind myself that death has been defeated. Christ's life, death and resurrection is the seal on my 'not guilty' decree. That day WILL come.
As for now, as Apostle Paul said 'To live is Christ and to die is gain'

No comments:

Post a Comment