Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Time To Pull Out Big Guns

Or something like that.
We have been running errands all morning. Rachael is turning 2 yo tomorrow and we were invited to celebrate with another family from church whose daughter will be turning 1 yo on Thursday. I am making their cake. Not just a sheet cake, a princess cake with one of those barbie dollies on top and cake for a dress. It would have been easy if I were just to bake a cake in a bowl and decorate it. But I do NOT like unfilled cakes. So, I'll be baking a LOT of rounds, filling, stacking and the cutting to shape a dress. Considering how tired and unmotivated I have been feeling, it does NOT sound fun at all.
So, back to big guns. I had to stop by the vet and get Lucy some stuff for her ear infection (that the groomers discovered yesterday) and a swollen tear duct. I left the kids in the car (you never know how many sick dogs you will find in their tiny waiting room, it's no place for 4 and 6 yo boys, and Rachael has a hard time keeping her hands off of our dog, I wouldn't want to see her pulling on a strange pitbull's ear or she might end up loosing hers.) I come back five minutes later to a car full of screaming boys. Turns out, Daniel got a sliver on his 4th finger and was crying and Jadin was crying in sympathy (and I thought 6 yo don't cry in sympathy because of a little sliver)
Daniel wanted it removed right away but had to wait till we got home. And now he is not letting me touch it. At all. While screaming for me to remove it. And it's half an inch long and in deep. I tried talking to him. Doesn't help. Explaining? No.
So, finally to the big guns. I put in 'Ice Age' and tried to get it out while he was watching it. So far, no luck. But at least he is not screaming. I guess, I should go try again.
Sigh.
**Update**
The movie didn't help. We had to wait for daddy to do it today (Wed.) He pretty much held him tight, didn't worry about the screaming and tears, and did it.
I do NOT have the guts for this!
Thank God for daddies!

3 comments:

  1. Just another day in paradise.....
    soak his finger in warm water so his skin gets softer...
    Happy Birthday, Rachael!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I will definitely try that. Still not sure if he lets me touch it at all, even the movie didn't help. Mark is usually the one to deal with slivers, but he is out of town and I am not sure he'll be back tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olya! I just wanted you to know that I am your prayer buddy and have been following your blog and praying for you! I am Little JoAnn of Jerusalem My Destiny!

    ReplyDelete