Tuesday, December 21, 2010

7 Quick Takes

1. It's our month to clean the church. We usually do it once a week between services. I decided to take the kids along and do it today, so that we don't have to worry about it tomorrow on M's day off. Honestly, with his parents coming to visit he has A LOT to do around the house. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
2. We have been having people over for lunch after church every Sunday for the last couple of months. M had to take all the junk out of the dinning room (and that includes painting supplies, a seat he took out of our car to make it easier to access kids in the back and quite a few other items) Having no space for the stuff, he put it in the guest bedroom. It's a tiny room and now you can't see the floor, let alone walk on it. Did I mention in-laws are coming to visit? That's where they are going to stay. So, they either have to grow wings or M. will have to figure out what to do with the stuff.
3. On the subject of in-laws, they came to visit us once this year while they visited M's sister twice. I am upset. You want to know why? They live 5 hours away from us, and 3 days away from her. They were invited over here for Thanksgiving and Jadin's birthday but decided not to come. I don't understand why they care so little for their grand kids who love them to death.
4. After we were done cleaning the church I took the kids out to Mc.Donald's. It was too close to Rachael's nap time and I knew she would have been asleep by the time we got home. I wanted her to eat. So, we order, sit down at the table and start eating when this cleaning lady comes over and starts talking to the kids. She is usually very friendly and I don't mind. Well, today she says to the kids 'Oh, no, not these pests, not these pests again' two or three times. Seriously???? When she left Daniel says 'Mommy, why did that lady call us pests?' What do you say to that? Highly inappropriate. I was considering talking to the manager but decided the lady probably needed that job.
5. I asked for flute lessons for my Christmas present this year. M didn't mind so I started looking for a teacher and found this lady who has been teaching for over 20 years and has been playing principal flute for our Symphony Orchestra for the last 14 years. WOW! What a wealth of experience! I called her and left her a message. She never called back that day. Bummer! So I called her back the next day (just in case it was actually not her number, you couldn't tell from the answering machine.) A guy picked up and said she was out of town. Makes sense.
6. So, on the subject of flute lessons, he said he e-mailed her my information and that she would be calling me back. I wasn't holding my breath, a teacher with that kind of experience can pick and choose her students and there was no reason for her to choose me. I am not that talented or advanced (not that she could tell from the information I gave when I left a message which included my name and cell number. LOL). She called the next day, asked me where I was at with my studies (uh, I know the fingerings, what level does that put me on? Below beginner?) and said she will teach me. WOO-HOO!!!!! I am so excited I can't wait for Jan.1 to arrive! I can't think of anything else!
7. For some reason I have no motivation to decorate the house beyond the Christmas tree. We also have no presents for the kids. It's sad, really, considering Christmas is only 3 days away. Oh, well. Wednesday is going to be a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment