Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Monday.

Again. Which means I survived another Sunday at church without C, our pianist. It's though, I am glad she will be back next Sunday. Because when she's gone I have to play 5 songs, an offertory and something for Communion. With no time to practice, obviously, due to three little helpers fighting over the two spots on each side of me while I am attempting to at least look at the music. I have to say that yesterday went quite well. I was especially nervous about the offertory and the Communion since that's when I play by myself and everyone can hear it. I had to pick something on the spot for offertory because the two pieces I prepared were long enough to last through Communion only (it seems like EVERYONE and their dog was in church on Sunday! Praise God!) I decided on 'Let All Things Now Living' It's one of my all times favorites and we also sang it at our wedding. So, I went on stage and pretended I didn't know there was a professional pianist visiting and tried to hit the right notes at the right times. It wasn't too bad. It's nice not to have to worry about getting something new ready for next Sunday, though. C, you are sooo welcome back!
We went to the playground early this morning to get some play time before the crowds hit (four bus loads of kids, to be exact. I don't understand why they ALL came to this particular park, aren't there more parks in our town?) The playground was mostly empty, except for a few girls who came with their older sister and were particularly rude to Jadin (he went over to meet them and they started making fun of him soon after. He is too young to understand what was going on. I did yell at them, they were old enough to know better) We stayed for two hours until those buses of kids arrived. Rachael was hungry anyway so the timing was good.
I fed Rachael (the boys snack on leftover pizza) and put her to bed when my phone rang. It was my boss from the Nursery. She told me that the aquatics department was looking to fill their swimming lessons (Daniel's level) and even had scholarships so if I called right away I wouldn't have to pay. I called but the person was out of her office (she usually is out in the pool area all the time) i hope she will call me back. I am going to ask about that again when I go to work out. They are not very expensive, about 30$ a child for two weeks Mon-Thurs. but for some reason we are always broke by sign-up time :)
Oh, an we will be leaving for vacation in two weeks. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Free swimming lessons would be AWESOME!!!
    Congrats for getting through another week of piano. Im envious. I can only play a few songs, trained monkey work really... I just memorized where to put my fingers, cant read and play at the same time to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read and play at the same time and I had 7 years of music school! LOL. I just found out she signed BOTH of them up! I only expected one. So nice of them.

    ReplyDelete