Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thoughts on a Sunday Night.

1. My husband is sick. He got Rachael's bug. I am sure there are worse things in life than a stomach bug, but let me tell you, we are all quite miserable here.
2. Tonight's worship service has been cancelled. The weather is not good (we had fog and freezing rain last night and it has been snowing ever so lightly all day), C., or pianist, has plans and I can't play (because of #1 and having three kids), our Pastor just came back from an out of town meeting last night and had asked another pastor to preach at night (not a good idea since the roads are so bad). So, no church tonight. Kind of sad. But it makes it easier with the kids, because I had them all bathed and in bed by 7:30. We are usually not even home from church that early.
3. Stock show started last week. We went as a family on Saturday just for a little while and the boys are going with their classes. Jadin is going on Tuesday and Daniel on Wednesday. Rachael was sooo very good, she walked almost the whole time and I never heard a word of complaint out of her. Pretty good for a child who is recovering from an illness. Jadin was pushing his boundaries. Daniel kept saying that he wanted to sit down. I was stressed. It was one of those times when I wished I had leashes for the boys. It was crowded and did I mention Jadin waving his arms around like a wind mill, touching everything (being especially careless with fragile things), wanting (very loudly) to go a few different places at once, asking for toys and candy, not staying with us and just being a normal (though a little... (ok, A LOT) hyper) 6 year old. Like I said, stressful.
4. I keep experimenting with the flute trying to get the best sound. Not sure how I feel about the results. I will have to settle on one way of doing things and stick with it, though, if I want to get anywhere. I stopped playing in church for now hoping to correct a few things and then resume, otherwise I just go back to the bad habits that used to work for me (sort of).I really missed it, I didn't realize how much I enjoy doing it.
5. Everyone is sleeping now, so I should turn this thing off and go to bed. Have a good night, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment